KLTV (Kirklees Local TV)
For this project, I was brought on as an editor and contributing writer to collaborate with Kirklees Local TV.
We created a magazine based around arts, culture and expression – ACE, with a target audience of young people in Huddersfield.
As a result, we were able to develop the brand awareness of KLTV to a much younger audience and open the doors to more collaboration with the local youth and student community.
As well as this, we were able to give some much needed media attention to local talent including musicians and local businesses, highlighting the diversity of Huddersfield.
Goals and Objectives:
- Highlight the diverse culture of Huddersfield reporting on arts and culture projects.
- Curate local stories and scout for interviewees to feature in the magazine.
- Develop the brand awareness of KLTV to connect with the youth of Kirklees.
Statistics and Achievements:
- Market research conducted with over 100+ local participants to determine our target audience, including surveys and direct interpersonal communication.
- Following our success, 4-5 more students and local young people were able to gain critical work experience alongside KLTV enhancing their employability.
- Published in 2019, the ACE magazine was featured on the official KLTV website which receives over 1000+ monthly readers.